Who we are
KIN is a group of angel investors based in and around Kent, UK who collaborate to source and consider investing in high growth businesses or start ups seeking funding.
Started in 2009, KIN is a private enrolled members organisation, working on a not for profit basis in terms of its own operating costs. (having some along way since it’s earliest roots as the Kent Investment Club, when the network start-off was assisted by some Kent County Council funding).
KIN draws its membership from certified, high net worth individuals, most of whom live in Kent. They have themselves achieved business success across diverse business sectors; owning their own highly successful ventures. Their skills include Finance, Software and eCommerce, Marketing, Sales, Business Development and HR.
What we do
Since its inception members have made numerous investments and continue to do so, either as lone investors or as a syndicate within the membership. Typical investments range from £50k to £1m. Whilst the majority of investments are Kent based, companies outside the region have also received funding.
Members not only aim to provide the business funding sought by companies but they can also bring to bear their considerable business acumen and experience. This helps to drive invested companies to even greater success.
KIN meets every two months, at various Kent locations, where around 3 investment-seeking companies present their business plan and showcase their opportunity. Existing and planned investments are also discussed informally.
KIN Membership Benefits:
- Introduction to filtered high growth potential investment opportunities.
- Regular deal flow matching the requirements of members.
- Networking and relationship building with other like minded angel investors
- Chance to learn from each other!
- Join a group with up to £6m to invest.
- Access to vetted, standard investment documentation.
- Links with key support networks e.g. Lawyers, IP specialists, DD companies.
To find out more, please use the contact form.
- Helping Kent companies to grow and over-come hurdles to growth
- What we look for, from a Business pitching to us as Angel Investors